The ISSM is offering 15 travel stipends of USD 2000,- to persons attending the World Meeting on Sexual Medicine to take place from September 22-25, 2016 in Beijing, China.
About the WMSM 2016
The 20th anniversary World Meeting on Sexual Medicine will be a landmark meeting in the field of Sexual Medicine following 19 very successful and high-impact biennial meetings in the past. After Singapore, Perth and Seoul, it will be the 4th time in history that the meeting will take place in the Asia-Pacific region and for the first time in China. We are of course very pleased to have received tremendous local support for organizing this meeting in China from many of our esteemed local members and other key Chinese opinion leaders in the field as their involvement and commitment are essential to us.
There are 15 travel stipends of USD 2000,- available. The travel stipends will be allocated based on need. The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee. The person to receive the travel stipend will also receive a free registration to the WMSM and in case one is not yet a member of the ISSM, furthermore receive a one year free ISSM membership (online access to journals only).
The deadline to submit the application form is June 1, 2016.
To be eligible for the travel stipend a person needs to meet the criteria below.
- Applicants should have submitted an abstract for the meeting;
- A completed application form should be submitted (deadline: June 1, 2016) including a resume and a short explanation of the need for the travel stipend;
- A written proof* of professional degree is required;
- Applications from those working in lower-income countries and/or who are experiencing financial hardship will be given priority.
* Written proof: a letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree.