10 ISSM Scholarships available to the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine (16 – 25 November 2018, Budapest, Hungary)
The ISSM hereby has the pleasure to announce ISSM scholarships to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine.
The ESSM School of Sexual Medicine was a joint venture established by the European Society for Sexual Medicine and the European Federation of Sexology. The first “Oxford Course” was run in 2007. As in previous years, this year, the ESSM will deliver a learning curriculum based upon the UEMS Joint Committee for Sexual Medicine syllabus and the EFS/ESSM Syllabus of Clinical Sexology.
The programme is intended for clinicians seeking to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for practice in Sexual Medicine and Clinical Sexology. Medically-qualified participants should find the programme helpful when preparing for the Fellowship of the European Committee of Sexual Medicine examination. So far, over one hundred and fifty participants from Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Middle East and the Americas have taken part in the school programme; they include specialists in andrology, endocrinology, family medicine, gynaecology, internal medicine, psychiatry, urology, surgery, oncology and psychology. Participants will have the opportunity to learn the essentials of sexuality in both men and women that are necessary for effective clinical practice, even for those whose usual practice is exclusively with one gender.
Click here to apply for the scholarship.
The running cost of the complete Programme is more than EUR 3,500 per person, but it is partly subsidised by generous support from the European Society for Sexual Medicine. Hence, the registration fee for the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine 2018 is now EUR 2,300.
- ISSM is offering 10 scholarships covering the full amount of the registration fee. The registration fee is inclusive of tuition fees, meals and accommodation.
- ISSM scholars will need to pay for their own travel and any additional expenses; they will also be asked to provide ISSM with a short report, six months after their participation, on how the experience might have affected their professional lives.
- Scholarships are available to first-time attendees.
- The deadline to apply for an ISSM scholarship is June 3rd, 2018. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
- The travel stipends will be allocated based on need.
- The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee.
- Applicants will be informed about the status of their application in the second week of July 2018.
- For more information on the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine please visit: http://www.essm.org/.
To be eligible for a scholarship a person needs to meet the criteria below.
- A completed scholarship online application should be submitted no later then June 3rd, 2018.
- A resume/curriculum vitae should be send per e-mail to email@example.com no later then June 3rd, 2018.
- A letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree should be send no later then June 3rd, 2018.
- Applications will only be accepted from ISSM members in good standing. If you are not a member, you can apply here.
- Applications from those working in lower income countries and/or who are experiencing financial hardship will be given priority.
The deadline to apply for an ISSM Scholarship is June 3rd, 2018.