Are you ready to step in to ISSM committee service? Now’s your chance!
ISSM is having an open call for new committee members and all you have to do is apply!
ISSM is successful thanks to its members. We need the best skills, passion, and varied perspectives to continue building on our success. The call for volunteers to serve on ISSM committees from January 2019 to December 2020, is open through November 5, 2018. Members interested in serving on the below committees are encouraged to let ISSM know of their willingness to participate. Descriptions of the committees can be found through the following link: https://professionals.issm.info/who-we-are/issm-committees/.
Immediate service opportunities are available on the following committees:
- Bylaws Committee
- Communication Committee
- Consultation and Guidelines Committee
- Corporate Relations Committee
- Developing Countries Committee
- Education Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Grants & Prizes Committee
- Membership Committee
- Publication Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- World Meeting Committee
Membership on ISSM’s committees is open to all professionals with an interest in the field of human sexual medicine and science, holding current membership in ISSM. The intent is for the committee members to represent the diversity of the geographic origins of the ISSM Membership.
Members added to ISSM committees as a result of this Call for Committee Members will have a term start date of January 1, 2019. Terms will end on December 31, 2020.
To be considered for committee service, please email the ISSM Executive Office at email@example.com. Please indicate:
- Your name;
- Name of the committee for which you are applying;
- A brief statement of interest explaining why you are interested in serving on the committee, including any relevant experience you have to the work of the committee;
- A brief professional biography (max. 250 words)
- Your resume/CV.
If you are selected, ISSM will notify you in a formal invitation to serve.
The call will be open until November 5, 2018.
The International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM, formerly known as ISIR/ISSIR) was established in 1978 for the purpose of promoting research and exchange of knowledge for the clinical entity “impotence” throughout the international scientific community. The principal orientation of ISSM was initially towards basic science of erection, defects in the erectile mechanism, and the clinical aspects of diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction. The orientation is now towards the whole field of human sexuality.
Specifically, the ISSM aims:
- To establish a scientific Society to benefit the public by encouraging the highest standards of practice, education and research in the field of human sexuality;
- To develop and assist in developing scientific methods for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions affecting human sexual function;
- To promote the publication and encourage contributions to the medical and scientific literature in the field of sexual function.