GET INVOLVED! APPLY FOR ISSM COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
We depend on our members to volunteer their time and expertise to carry out the mission and work of the society, and to keep moving the field of sexual medicine forward.
Membership in an active committee allows for greater recognition within the society, develops a network of other committee members and is a FAST-TRACK way to academic success. The relationships built within an active committee can be lifelong professional and personal friendships.
So, if you are looking to enrich your ISSM experience and contribute to the field of sexual medicine in a new and rewarding way, now is your chance!
We are accepting applications for openings on the following committees:
- Bylaws Committee; responsible for the creation and maintenance of the organization’s bylaws.
- Communication Committee; dedicated to the optimal sharing of scientific information and news related to the field of sexual medicine among ISSM members. The committee is also tasked with providing state of the art information to the public through the official ISSM website, the ISSM Newsletters, and social media.
- Consultation and Guidelines Committee; The mission is to study, develop and update standards and guidelines in sexual medicine.
- Developing Countries Committee; set up projects and ideas to improve knowledge and develop educational activities on sexual medicine in developing countries.
- Education Committee; to fulfill the needs of the members by making quality and diverse educational opportunities available to as many members of the association as possible. A specific obligation is to expand the ISSM University as a curriculum and guideline in sexual medicine that can be disseminated globally. Members of the education committee are also incorporated into the working group for the ISSM Webinar Series.
- Ethics Committee; to recommend and/or review proposed changes to the Code of Standards or to advice in cases ethical matters arise within the Society.
- Finance and Audit Committee; ensure the preparation of the annual budget and financial statements of the Society, and oversee the administration, collection, and disbursement of the financial resources of the organization.
- Grants & Prizes Committee; to review ISSM grants, scholarships and meeting prizes and make recommendations to the Board of Directors, based on a written and by the officers approved protocol for assessment and evaluation of grants and prizes.
- Membership Committee; works in partnership with the Board of Directors and Executive Office to develop and execute member recruitment and retention strategies and to provide advice regarding membership-related processes.
- Publication Committee; to oversee the development and production of ISSM’s publications, including the journals (JSM, SM, SMR, VJPU) and any other newsletters, guidelines, or documents. To provide direction to editors and the staff concerning format, schedule, market and distribution, etc. concerning these publications.
- Young Researchers Committee; to promote international collaboration and help with logistical and financial support to facilitate cross-cultural and international research projects among ISSM members in practice less than 5 years.
Applications will be accepted through Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 11:59pm CST.
Membership on ISSM’s committees is open to all professionals with an interest in the field of human sexual medicine and science, holding current membership in ISSM. The intent is for the committee members to mirror the geographic diversity of the ISSM Membership.
Members added to ISSM committees as a result of this Call for Committee Members will have a term start date of January 1, 2021. Terms will end on December 31, 2022.
To be considered for committee service, please submit your application, where you will be asked to fill in:
- Your name, area of practice, credentials and affiliation
- Name of the committee to which you are applying
- A brief statement of interest explaining why you are interested in serving on the committee, including any relevant experience you have to the work of the committee
- A brief professional biography (max. 250 words)
- Your resume/CV
Only complete applications will be forwarded to Review committee for consideration.
If you are selected, ISSM will notify you in a formal invitation to serve.