ISSM Scholarships 2019
It is no longer possible to apply for an ISSM scholarship to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine in Budapest. The deadline to apply was June 3, 2019.
- Gajanan Shripad Bhat, India
- Hala Elrefai, Egypt
- Chantal Fowler, South Africa
- Bishurul Hafi, India
- Towhidul Islam, Bangladesh
- A.S.M. Morshed, Bangladesh
- Paul Musa Obadia, DR Congo
- Mohammad Mahmudur Rahman, Bangladesh
- Shabnam Sadigova, Vietnam
- Aditya Prakash Sharma, India
More information about the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine can be found here: http://www.essm.org/education-certifications/essm-school-of-sexual-medicine/
Scholarships are available to first-time attendees only. Eligibility requirements are:
- A completed scholarship online application form should be submitted including a resume and a short explanation of the need for the scholarship.
- A letter from your organization signed by the chairman of the department where you are employed stating your professional degree.
- Applications will only be accepted from ISSM members in good standing. If you are not a member, you can apply here.
- Applications from those working in lower income countries (World Health Organization Development Index ≤0.8), those who are experiencing financial hardship, and/or those with limited resources will be given priority.
The ESSM School of Sexual Medicine was a joint venture established by the European Society for Sexual Medicine and the European Federation of Sexology. The first “Oxford Course” was run in 2007. As in previous years, this year, the ESSM will deliver a learning curriculum based upon the UEMS Joint Committee for Sexual Medicine syllabus and the EFS/ESSM Syllabus of Clinical Sexology.
The program is intended for clinicians seeking to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for practice in Sexual Medicine and Clinical Sexology. Medically-qualified participants should find the program helpful when preparing for the Fellowship of the European Committee of Sexual Medicine examination (more info www.mjcsm.org).
The running cost of the complete Programme is more than EUR 3,700 per person, but it is partly subsidised by generous support from the European Society for Sexual Medicine. Hence, the registration fee for the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine 2019 is now EUR 2,500.
ISSM is offering 10 scholarships covering the full amount of the registration fee. The registration fee is inclusive of tuition fees, meals and accommodation. ISSM scholars will need to pay for their own travel and any additional expenses.
Application and deadline
Scholarships are available to first-time attendees. The deadline to apply for an ISSM scholarship is June 3rd, 2019. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. The travel stipends will be allocated based on need. The assessment will be made by the Grants & Prizes Committee and reviewed by the ISSM Executive Committee. Applicants will be informed about the status of their application in the second week of July 2019.
For more information on the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine please visit: http://www.essm.org/.
Luiz Otavio Torres