ISSM Webinar on Communication about sexual problems in clinical settings
Thursday, August 26, 2021
From 02.00 to 03.00PM UTC
07.00AM PST – San Francisco / 10.00AM EST – New York / 04.00PM CEST – Amsterdam / 07.30PM IST – New Delhi / 11.00PM KST – Seoul
View in your time zone
This webinar is scheduled for 60-75 minutes.
Join the ISSM for this webinar on Communication about sexual problems in clinical settings.
Clear, sympathetic, and informative communication is a key factor for patients’ compliance and good management of clinicians’ recommendations and prescriptions. Sexuality may be a field where communication can be challenging as most people are not used to talk about their sexual health. Therefore, sexologists face challenges concerning their communication with their patients and although all patients are different and their clinical situations are diverse, there are some crucial aspects that can be considered to improve clinician-patient communication. This webinar aims at pointing out some challenges and provide some guidelines to overcome common difficulties.
The webinar will be opened by Annamaria Giraldi, ISSM President.
The webinar will be moderated by Padmini Prasad (India) and Ronald Lewis (USA).
– Opening and introduction by Annamaria Giraldi, President ISSM, Denmark
– Welcome by the moderator; Padmini Prasad (India) and Ronald Lewis (USA).
– How to communicate what the patient does not want to hear – Bruce Kava (USA)
– Establishing a multidisciplinary team – how to effectively create and communicate among a team of specialists – Estela Citrin (Uruguay)
– How to overcome language related inhibition – Francesca Tripodi (Italy)
– Q&A Session of 30 min led by the moderator
Click here to register and save your seat!